Education is tailored to each student.
Students in large classes with an inflexible academic schedule often feel their needs are not being met. Podium of Life offers a flexible schedule and delivery of the academic program to help meet the various needs of students.
Students will learn grade appropriate education through a distance education program approved by the Government of British Columbia. This includes earning credits toward graduation for students in grade 10 – 12. School is taught by a certified teacher who has 15 years of experience and holds a Masters Degree in Educational Leadership. Delivery of the curriculum is a combination of in-class and on-line projects.
A strong aspect of our program is the creation of Individual Education Success Plans (IESP) focusing on the students’ strengths and addressing their challenges. The IESPs build on student strengths in order to build self-confidence and achieve academic success. A flexible course delivery schedule compliments training and competition demands.
Education is hands on and interactive.
In addition to daily work on academics students also experienced:
Alpine responsibility code
Performance on Podium
Power point presentation
Guest Speaker Bob “Losing My Legs”
Information Technology A level
- Personal Development
- Healthy living through fitness and skiing
- Nutrition discussions
- Planning out the year
- Planning out a week
- Planning for a competition
- Goal setting for skiing, yearly, weekly, daily
- Safety on snow
- Career exposure through guest speaker
- Self-awareness discussions and group work
- Group process
- Mental toughness – Courage to Win
- The technique of questioning
- Self-assessment and reflection
- Individual athletic plan, Individual education plan, individual personal plan
- Communication – asking for what you want
- Self empowerment
- Self reliance
- Organizational skills
Leadership Presentation Each Student With Their Own Laptop